Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Don't Talk - Just Do

As the new year has arrived, I've come to the realization that I've been my own worst enemy regarding what I want to do in my creative life.  I come up constantly with reasons as to why I can't/won't do t things I' ve always wanted to do.  Here's a short list of items I constantly have runningi n my  brain:
  • I'm not a good singer...
  • I want everything to be perfect...
  • Inspiration is just supposed to happen...
  • It's too hard...
  • I don't have the ability to do it...
  • I don't have time for it.
When I was a kid, I could do anything.  Why as an adult do I put up so many obstacles to my own creativity?  I feel like a liar when talking to my sons a bout being anything they want to be when I don't live up to what I preach to them.

That's changing.

Tomorrow.

I can and will do anything I want to.

No comments: