Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Will Yourself To Health!

While I recover from a hacking cough, I am reminded just how powerful the human mind is.

I had an audition today for the remount of "In Living Color".   I found out about it two weeks ago and was so excited about it. I spent everyday thinking about the audition, picturing what it would be like to have a great audition, getting a callback to meet Keenan Ivory Wayans, and ultimately flying out to LA to shoot the pilot episodes.  I'd been working out regularly & watching what I eat, and getting my grill worked on for what I felt was no reason at all. Little did I know it was just to prepare me for this.  Then I gave myself an additional challenge...

On Thursday last week I woke up with stiff voice.  It progressed to me losing my voice right before performing on an improv open mic.  It totally cramped my rehearsal schedule as my voice wasn't really back until yesterday.  I looked at this bout with my voice which ultimately culminated into a full blown cold as my mind organizing my health schedule to effectively pre-emptively strike calamity with a cold so that I could recover by the time the audition happened.  Yeah...that's it.... :-)

I never get sick when I put my mind to being healthy.  I guess I put my mind into position for greater things to come.

No comments: