Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gay Isn't for Everybody

When I'm out and about and am describing things in a derogatory manner, there's a word that I use all the time that inadvertently has a more common meaning. Luckily, I've found the proper homophonic equivalent that exactly relays how I feel about what I'm talking about. Ladies and gentlemen, the word is

GEIGH

As defined at urbandictionary.com:

Unfortunate, or lame. Geigh is the loophole out of Homophobia, and by not insulting gay people (Gay does not equal Geigh), now you're a valiant liberal!

I don't know where I picked up this alternate meaning, but I've been in the company of gay folks when I've used it, and it seems they understand in what context I'm using it. Just glad there's an effort to change the spelling to preserve the meaning but allow there to be a junction between the new meaning and the old sound .

Currently watching :
Nowhere Man - The Complete Series
Release date: 26 December, 2005

Note: This was originally posted on Myspace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16074757&blogID=291552089&Mytoken=28BC08D1-3BD5-48A4-9D3E850532D997B2102770454

No comments: