Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

The Soul Plane Should've Crashed and Burned

I saw most of Soul Plane yesterday while I took a break from recording a new song. It was billed as the black version remake of the great movie classic Airplane! Oh boy...was it ever. Every single black stereotype was exploited in the movie,e.g., Popeyes Fried Chicken being served in the "low class" section of the plane, black male models with extremely large packages hitting on women, the in-flight safety video being shot like and set to Destiny's Child's Survivor, the white family with the cross-over, hip-hop son that knows all the jargon, and the husband that gets to know black culture throughout the movie. Now, I like making fun of stereotypes and exploit them to my own use a ttimes, but, this movie didn't have anything else going for it. All the acting was awful, the dialogue was far-fetched and felt forced, and the idea of having a hip-hop club in the upper deck of a 747 killed it for me. I would like to think there is a movie that is worse than this one...but I can't .

Currently watching :
Soul Plane (Unrated Mile High Edition)
Release date: By 07 September, 2004

No comments: