Pages

Monday, February 13, 2006

BEST WEEKEND EVER for the weekend of 2/10-2/13!

This weekend was fun! Friday afternoon I went to an audition for a musical. I prepped up my version of "New York, New York", got my monologue on lock, and jumped into my first musical audition. Overall, it went really well. I learned a lot about the auditioning process and had an excellent time doing so.

I ended up working late Friday night to make up for the time I missed for the audition. I got all my work done. Nothing to worry about for Monday! Whoah! I then hit the studio to dump 5 of the 6 songs eligible for the Courageous Rue EP to an external harddrive. I'll hand it over to an engineer from Alloy Sound who I am going to meet up with today for mixing. I am scared and excited at the same time. I am handing over my baby of many years to a guy I hardly know. But he's pro and hopefully will make it sound "warmer" and balanced than it does now. Next steps will be getting it mastered, art lined up, and duplication.

Saturday was acting class in the morning where we went over our monologues and established our beats, wants, obstacles, and actions. I felt I did a pretty good job. At least I got the thing memorize. I need to start looking for a few more to have in my repertoire. Then I continued the script writing frenzy for my Sunday rehearsal I had started during the week.

Sunday also had lots of writing/rewriting going on. Sunday night I had rehearsal and it was a lot of fun reading all the scripts. I am really excited at how much the writing has changed and improved over the last few weeks. There are a lot of talented people I am working with and I am learning a lot! Can't wait to see all of it up on stage!

Well, that's about it. More to come, yo!

No comments: