Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Da Jank Ease

I'm going to NYC in June to recover from the month of May as well as see some friends on the east coast that I didn't get the chance to see. I've been to Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Japan, Germany, France, England, Holland, India, and Italy but never have I been to New York City . The though of going there has been "Well...uhm...why?" I live in the best city in the world! Why would I want to go to an even bigger city and deal with it? Well, it was about time I got around to doing it.

As I've gotten older, planning my trips has become a chore. I like to show up at the airport then figure out what to do moment-to-moment. That way I live to my whims vs. being a slave to a schedule. Well, for this trip, I've planned a few different activities. The one look most forward to is seeing my first Yankees game ever and seeing Yankees Stadium before they blow it up and it becomes only a reference in sports books. I'm a Yankees fan by default as my Dad is a huge Yankees fan. he's the one who turned them onto me. There was a period in my life where I was a baseball card collector and so I all of a sudden knew everything there was to know about the current Yankee teams. Don Mattingly was my hero! I got us semi-nose bleed tickets and plan to just chill and enjoy being around my friends and letting the history of the franchise soak into my being.

Go Yanks!

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16074757&blogID=380830359&Mytoken=D6B7CB3D-C615-4B3C-A55467B6C8462A5B27366631

No comments: