Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

Got Schooled!

I went to my first writing jam yesterday. I was completely taken to school on the format and writing style the group was looking for. I wrote a rough bit with a game of puns that was longer than a standard blackout but shorter than a regular sketch. I thought it was pretty funny until after the cold read. At that point, it didn't seem at all that funny.

Compared to the other sketches, I now know it was pretty one-dimensional and trivial. So, I've got some reworking to do this week. I took home some examples of good work and will use the ideas and format as a template to improve my bit. I also jotted down 7 ideas I will write throughout the week so I show up with 2 tons of material. Something has got to stick! I also called up my buddy Jeff since he took the Intro to Writing at SC and asked for a few pointers and he laid his knowledge on me. Will let y'all know the outcome next week.

Note: this was original posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=16074757&blogMonth=1&blogDay=31&blogYear=2006

No comments: