Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Such A Lack of Taste

I went to the Taste of Chicago yesterday to sample the best of what Chicago had to offer. I ordered a Puerto Rican steak and onion sandwich from Sabor Latino thinking it would be a killer sandwich. It was the blandest thing I've ever had. I've had mud pies that had more taste! Disappointed, I then headed over to the Vermillion booth for steak cilantro empanadas. It was just as disappointing. I was thinking it would be a deep fried empanada with cooked steak chunks and cilantro. Nope. It was an empanada with some mushy-like meat paste in the middle with an Indian-like cilantro drizzle on top. Pretty disgusting. In a desperate search, I got myself a chunk of fudge from Aunt Diana's Candy Makers. Aaaaahhhhh. That hit the spot.

I regularly get criticized regarding my food choices. I like to eat the same things over and over again, because I am guaranteed it to be satisfying. There's nothing worse than spending money on bad food for me. The Taste was an unusual leap of faith for me and I'm glad I took it. I now have an affirmation in my food choices .

Currently listening :
Zeitgeist (W/Book) (Spec)
By Smashing Pumpkins
Release date: 10 July, 2007

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16074757&blogID=282394593&Mytoken=D5980888-BCF9-41EC-905EFE519103D2FB64546762

No comments: