Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2006

My First Black Comedy Club

My First Black Comedy Club
Current mood: refreshed

I went to Jokes and Notes last night to reignite my standup comedy appearance schedule. I got there at 5:30 PM to go on stage at 8:15 PM. I was incredibly nervous going up on stage last night because I could've been more comfortable with my material, but I had written well over 7 minutes of it so I knew I could pull stuff out of my hat when needed. When I went on stage, the crowd was gracious and laughed at a majority of the jokes! I stuck to my bread and butter material and chose to improvise a little bit. I felt I was on there only 2-3 minutes when in fact I was probably up there 4-5. I got the whole thing on tape and plan to see if it's something I want to post up for all to view.

I met a lot of awesome comedians that inspired me to continue going. Deon Cole held it down and showed me what being comfortable on stage is really all about. It gives me something to aspire to as I continue down this path.

Currently listening :
Every Man for Himself
By Hoobastank
Release date: By 16 May, 2006

No comments: