Pages

Monday, April 3, 2006

Time Of The Month? Or Just Plain Wackiness!?

I know that women and men are different in biological and social areas. I love being reminded of just how cracked up women seem to me every once in a while.

There's a girl that I get to see on a pretty regular basis, and sometimes she is completely cool, fun, energetic, and fun to be with. Other times she is a crabby, tired hag who tries to spread her dissatisfaction with anyone who is willing to be drawn into her drama. When I look into her big eyes, I can see what is going on her head. With the drastic changes in moods, I ask myself, "What the hell is going on with this chick?!"

Now I know that I, like a lot of people, would love to blame her for everything "wrong" with her. However, I know that I am responsible for how I feel about it. After all, I am the master of my domain! So, I recognize that a part of me wants to be accepted by her unconditionally, i.e., I am looking for some sort of validation of who I am by her. Another part of me wants to play amatuer psycologist and get in her head and fix everything that is wrong. As a wise person told me, "The Universe is a perfect mess. It's not for you to fix." With that said, I have acknowledged how I feel about the situation and have started looking at how I choose to feel about it (answer:achieve validation from myself and not others).

Since I always have the urge to share my feelings with others, I have a difficult time expressing the situation and all sides of it as well. I sometimes give the "She's crazy!" or "It's the time of the month" excuses. Even if they are being affected by the position of the moon, chemicals that hve been injected into bovines, or the occasional misfiring of neurons, I will be open to it all and allow my self perception to come from within.

Thank you my dear friend for giving me a mirror to see my own issues with.


Currently listening :
Nerf Herder
By Nerf Herder
Release date: By 03 December, 1996

Note:This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=16074757&blogMonth=4&blogDay=1&blogYear=2006

No comments: