Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

That Really Would’ve Wrecked My Night!

I could've fuckin' died tonight...

After a glorious night of directing improvisation, I had just got off my phone with my wife letting her know I was coming home and that everything was good.  I was jamming to Chingo Bling and looking forward to seeing my son.  While heading west on Wilson, I was at a dead stop.  I was about to turn left to head south on Central Park when I looked into my driver's side mirror and saw a mini-van about 15 feet behind me swerving to miss me heading 60 mph!  HOLY SHIT!  I didn't have enough time to do anything so I just sat in my car motionless as the mini-van vroomed by narrowly missing my car!  He then weaved crazily in the street, hit 4-5 parked cars and continued driving. 

I sat there in shock .  I had these thoughts all going in my head sat the same time:

- I COULD'VE FUCKIN' DIED TONIGHT!!! 
- Man, it was an act of God I didn't get hit at all.  Had he hit me going that fast, I really would've been in bad shape.
- Go after him!  Call 911 and give them his license plate number.
- Is the guy on drugs or drunk?!

I sat at the intersection in a daze having a hard time soaking in the magnitude of what just happened.  After about a minute, I decided to see if the van had stopped so I could get some info, but it was too late.  He had disappeared.

I am SOOOOO grateful I came out unscathed.  I get to see my family in one piece and for another night.  The shock hasn't completely worn off yet.  You can tell by the fact I used real curses in this blog vs my usual "fawk" and "sh*t" or "shite" verbiage.

Currently watching:
Crash (Widescreen Edition)
Release date: 2005-09-06


Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments athttp://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=16074757&blogId=455512694

No comments: