Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Inspiration Comes At Interesting Times

I was watching TV last night with the fams, and we simultaneously taped Singing Bee and Cavemen to be able to flip through both of them. While doing so, the new show Carpooling made it on the screen. I wasn't really interested in watching it until I recognized a face on it. I asked for the show to be rewound and *boom* I saw some I recognized on there.

TJ Miller.

He plays the semi-retarded, overaged son running around in his underwear in the show. He did an incredibly good job and I was surprised for a while. I wasn't surprised at TJ's acting or comedic capability since I've seen the man perform 2 feet away from me at SC or at chicken wing joints doing standup and he's freakin' hilarious and awesome. I was surprised that instead of the usual "Damn it! Look at my life. He's up on TV and I'm stuck here!" attitude I feel a lot of the time with my fellow artists, I was genuinely happy for the man! As far as I'm concerned, that man deserves all the success he's had thus far and more. I was just sitting there with a big grin on my face, actually laughing at his character, and thinking, "Wow, one day....I'ma do that!"

I haven't felt this inspired in a long time. Thanks TJ and good luck!

Currently reading :
Live from New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live
By Tom Shales
Release date: October, 2002

No comments: