Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Respect for a Tyra(nt)?

Tyra's talk show sometimes makes the rounds of my TV watching. Normally this is a result of my wife flipping through her favorites on Comcast cable. Typically, I leave the room when I her show is one because her show is so irrelevant at times.
My favorite Tyra episode was when Tyra was going to expose the life of a stripper. The entire show she perpetrated like she was going to go the distance and dance up on stage and take her clothes off. Not only did she stay clothed, she left prior to her stage dance! If I was a patron in the club, I would be like "I paid to see somethin' girl! You look like a broke-ass reject from the Sear's lingerie catalog!"

She also got herself into a fat suit and walked around to live in the life of the obese, which in purpose, was commendable. However, the whole show was kind of a farce because she acted as if she didn't know that's how society sees fat people. WTF?! She was a pro model! If she gained too much weight, she knew that she would lose shoots and money as a result of it. Even being a tiny bit overweight ostracizes people. I felt that the show had the right idea but when executed it lacked sincerity.

Well, now Tyra has packed on some real weight, and the media is all over it with headlines like "America's Top Waddle" or "Tyra Porkchops". I feel she truly is now understanding what it's like to be ridiculed based on your appearance, and she's going to be speaking on it. I think she looks normal and is still very attractive. I also feel she is more "real" now that she lives a bit more normally. I'm interested in what she has to say as her response to all the media scrutiny.

Currently listening :
Up
By Right Said Fred
Release date: 01 July, 1992

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16074757&blogID=221961317&Mytoken=EB07BDF0-D0BA-44AB-A0E024AE25524B6E59497537

No comments: