Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Great Show and Great Fans

Recapitulation, my Music Improvisation Level I ensemble, rocked Donny's Skybox on Sunday evening. It was great. There was a lot of nervous energy in the air prior to the show which re-enforced to me that warm-ups are essential to performing any task whether it be getting ready to hit the stage for a performance or scrubbing the tub with a toofbrush (yes, TOOFBRUSH). It took us a bit to calm down but after 25 minutes, we were ready to rock.

The show itself went without a hitch, honestly. I kinda memorized the running order right before we went on by pulling up the neat little web browser in my phone and pulling up the email someone had sent out. When asked about knowing the show by our director, I stated, "Yep...I'm ready" and held up my phone to show him the order. He smirked but I could see the worrying in his eyes. I figured the worst thing that could happen is that we improvise until we get back on track Luckily, it didn't need to get to that point because everyone in the ensemble banded together and supported each other. I had some of the best singing and scenes I've ever done that night. What fun!

Afterwards, I had my fans waiting for me. Granted, no one asked for an autograph, but, my time will come where that is common place My friends and I went across the street to eat and chat witht the rets of the ensemble at Wells on Wells (WoW), but the seating already was a bit fragemented between to tables at opposite ends of the bar, so, instead I hearded my peeps over to Corcorans next door (the food is better there anyway) where we sat outside and chit-chatted. After about an hour and ahalf, my adoring public disbanded and I stopped back in to WoW to say my bye-byes. I then headed home with a sudden feeling of tiredness due to my improv high wearing off (that and I ate 3 mini-burgers so my body was using energy to digest it ).

For those of you who have yet to see me in action, you've got another opportunity soon on the 18th of October. Drop me some love if you aren't receiving my weekly emails. I need to hurry up and set up my listserv.

Currently listening :
Laffy Taffy Pt.1
By D4l
Release date: By 06 April, 2006

No comments: