Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ahhh...YouTube...A Time Teleportation Device

I would've posted this up yesterday, however, MySpace disagreed with me, and denied me access all day and night! I'm now convinced that the Republican Party is trying to divert my attention from the Foley/Hastert Page Scandal of '06 by denying my log into MySpace!

Anyway, as I was desperately trying to get into my second favorite website (first being Yahoo Mail), I ran across live Smashing Pumpkin videos on YouTube. A Majroity of them are live performances of the Pumpkins, which, in case you didn't know, is the best way to get aa feel for the Pumpkins. I caught videos from WAY BACK in the day when they were first together playing dives around Chicago. I got to see songs from the b-side collection Pisces Iscariot being played live at LollaPalooza '94, video of them jamming at Pumpkinland studios with Flood during the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (MCIS) era as well as recent footage during the Adore and Machina days! Very exciting for me. I have now been able to see how the Pumpkins transformed from a "bad pop song" band to one of the greatest of all time without leaving the comfort and time continuum of my own home. Below are some of my favorite clips thus far:















Currently listening :
Peel Sessions
By Smashing Pumpkins
Release date: By 12 February, 1993

No comments: