Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Sweet And Short (or "Write Cot Damn It!")

I read a blog from improv guru Mick Napier saying:

"4. Write. For absolutely no fucking reason, write."

That's what I'm doing.  I'm horrible about setting time apart to write.  You would think that with all of the talk I do about using improv to write down sketches and make scripted work I would do this more often.  The truth is I'm afraid to write things down because the finality of it makes it subject for judgement.  I know it's not truly "final"; I can always go back and revise.  I guess the word I'm looking for is "concrete".  Once it's on paper, it means that there was true intention and thought behind what words made it from my brain into word processor into computer via the ink through the printer and onto the page.

Twitter and Facebook ahve eaten away at my ability/want to put together something long-form.  So, I'm going to allow Mick's words seep into my routine and force myself to write.


No comments: