Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Sign Showing I'm Growing Up

I had an interesting night this evening.  I was in charge of AKV for the early evening while the Wifey rested up.  So, I cooked us a dinner consisting of reconstituted mashed potatoes (they came out great!) and soy "chicken" nuggets.

We both chowed down heartily and then I proceeded to watch the rest of the "Lemmy" documentary I taped and only got half-way through.  AKV ran off quickly and all of a sudden got quiet.  when he acts like that, it normally means that I'm going to have change a poopy diaper pretty soon.

I called out to AKV and he responded pretty quickly so I knew that it was just a matter of time before he would need me.  So, I decided to continue sitting at the couch while he took care of his business while I digested my food.  I watched about 10 minutes of the movie then called out again.  He responded by asking me to play with him.  So, I got up and decided to play with him.

He ran into the office and showed me what he was playing with - my work laptop!  He managed to pull off a ton of keys and stack them next to the computer.  I've popped keys off a laptop and it SUCKS trying to get them to pop back on.  I was so shocked by what he had done, I just started laughing.  AKV saw my face and saw me laughing.  I reached for him and gave him a bug hug and just kept laughing.  He then started apologizing profusely ("I'm sorry, Daddy") for the next 15 minutes.  I had to take a picture of it because I had a feeling we were going to have to go to the local store and buy a USB keyboard, and I wanted to share this moment with everyone.

I then showed the Wifey the picture of what he did and she gasped.  I laughed and told her it was okay.  It was weirdly funny to me.  Granted, I didn't look forward to putting it back together but I eventually did.  No harm, no foul.

I was really proud of my reaction.  If I had done this to my Dad, I'd get the belt.  However, I chose to just laugh and recognize that this is just the start of fawked up shite this kid is going to do.  The fact he was sincerely apologetic really helped.  He felt bad about it and now know it's not cool to take apart Daddy's computers :)

No comments: