Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

News for 2010!

Moving My Blog
Last year (2009) I thought my blog was going to die.  Facebook and Twitter had basically taken the "umph" out of posting up blogs by allowing me to now "microblog" via my updates.  MySpace has lost a lot of its shine as a centralized location for artists due to its clunky, outdated, and ugly layout and interfaces (although it's still good for musicians for now).  So, I toyed with the idea of migrating my blog to my own website.  I was about to do it when I remembered that I had started backing up my blogs here.  At the time I didn't really look into what capabilities Blogspot had until I started playing with Salsation's Wordpress-based website.  After playing with that, I decided I would check out what add-ons were available here to make things more centralized.  Long-story long, I've decided to keep my site here and not register a formal website name for now.

I've also have learned under what circumstances a blog is more appropriate to express what I'm thinking vs. a simple 120 character Tweet.  Traversing that fine line will be a challenge this year but I'm up for it :). 

What's Going On Artistically?
  • Salsation
    I'll be in the 2010 Chicago Sketchfest this weekend on Saturday at 6 PM.  It's the first time in a while I've performed with the group so I'm excited to get back on stage.  I have to admit that during rehearsals I felt a bit rusty as to just how to act.  It took some time for me to get used to being just an actor again (I've been producing since 2007).  I promise that the show is going to be fun and enjoyable as we have a good ensemble/cast for this.

    We're also about to start work on our Spring show.  It's a logistical nightmare at this point, but we'll make it work.

  • Courageous Rue
    The Rue is back up and running.  I did a Ustream.tv show last year with relative success and have scheduled another show for next week.  If you want to watch a live streaming show, then check it out!

    I'm also in the middle of trying to finish up tracks to give away for promotional purposes.  It's difficult to do when you have a child, but I must find a way to do it.

  • Back in the (Training) Saddle Again
    I've started improv classes at The Annoyance.  I've decided to do the entire program to get me grounded in  work and to help me expand in areas I'm strong in. 

That's it for now.  

No comments: