Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Upcoming Fight At MicroCenter

I went to MicroCenter today and bought an open-package clearance item.  It was a 1 Gb DDR SDRAM stick for my ailing P4 studio computer.  I'm trying to get to 2Gb just so the thing can open up Firefox at a decent speed at this point .  Anyway, so, I brought the thing home and eventual got it into my machine.  I exepcted to see 1.5 Gb of RAM but only saw it was still at 1 Gb.  Though a little investigation, it turned out that it was a 512 Mb stick! 

So, I have to go back tomorrow and argue with the staff there about this item.  The only drawback is that it's a no return/refund item as it was a clearance item.  I figure I have a leg to stand on as I was never sold what it was supposed to be.  My theory is that the dude who had returned the item before had bought the 1 Gb stick, brought the package back with his old memory (the stick I have doesn't have a sticker on it (TELL TALE SIGN) and does not even have the same stenciling of the manufacture as what I was sold), and they didn't even inspect it to see if it was the right item.

Wish me luck!
Currently listening:
Relapse
By Eminem
Release date: 2009-05-19

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=16074757&blogId=498715437

No comments: