Some observations I've made today regarding this election:
- This is the first presidential election in 8 years that ended relatively early. Pinche chads in Florida!
- We've got a true African-American president in Obama. He holds a dual citizenship to Kenya and the US.
- This may be the first step into getting Americans to truly unite. We truly are Americans at all time above all backgrounds and ethnicities.
- Jesse Jackson cried at the post election rally. I couldn't help but wonder if they were tears of happiness or tears of envy.
- There's a lot of talk about the white America vs. black America. I'm hoping Cheech Marin runs at some point. I want to be accused of voting for a Latino simply based on his skin color vs. supporting his issues.
- I hope my son grows up to see know nothing about the level of divide we have in our country. I am inspired to think that we all get along from this point on.
- OK. I get it. Oprah is in the audience. Oprah is rich and she supported him. I get it. TV Camermen, stop panning to her.
I like, however, she was stuck with the regular people and was just a regular person. Low class, beatch!
- Obama spoke quite well tonight. Fantastic speech.
| Currently listening : |
Barack Obama’s Speech on Race : A More Perfect Union
By Barack Obama
Release date: 2008-10-02
Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at: