Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Loose Change - Loose Screws

I've been watching the 9/11 conspiracy theory documentary Loose Change after watching a 2 hour special on the History Channel covering all kinds of points regarding what people think happened on 9/11. I'll spare you a review of the film as there are plenty of them out there on the internet you can read and tailor it to your own biases. It did get a rise out of me, however. It reminded me that:

- I'm still pissed off that 9/11 happened.
- I believe it happened per what I saw with my own eyes via various media outlets
- People may have their conspiracy theories and entitled to them. However, when they go to places of mourning and solace shooting their mouths off to agitate people vs. motivate them for a reinvestigation, it is just wrong.

The film is well put together albeit incredibly biased in its points of interest. Some of the things they imply crack me up, .e.g, that the Pentagon wasn't hit by the AA Flight 77 but rather a devious plot to blow it up was devised for reasons unknown. The editing is very deliberate in getting just the right soundbites. It's reminiscent of a Michael Moore movie (granted, I like his movies but see his bias in them as well). The editing just makes it seem crazier to me than it probably is.

I feel the film leaves more questions than answers and to me doesn't cast enough doubt in my mind that 9/11 wasn't executed by a small group of men. Decide for yourselves what you want to believe.

Currently watching :
Loose Change Final Cut
Release date: 2007-11-19

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with coments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16074757&blogID=444373416&Mytoken=C7152190-FF4B-46FF-B86B0B364D3FE8DB218552609

No comments: