Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Mixtape (Short) Circuit

I'm getting myself ready to drop a "mixtape" on the world. The idea is to just warm myself up to the idea of locking myself into a studio in February 2009 and writing, recording, mixing, mastering, and publishing an entire new Courageous Rue record in 28 days.

The thought of doing a CD in 28 days is daunting since it usually takes me years to put anything out, so, I've decided to drop a free mixtape which allows me to have work that may not be complete, demos, outtakes, etc for the next few months. The mixtape will be the usual mix of Nelson exploring styles of music but most of it will be rock-based.

In order to put out the best mixtape, I'm posting up videos/audio of me freestyling over beats I find on the net. It's improv at its best/worst! If I put myself out like this my hope is that my flow and lyrics will improve. Yes, I am also throwing the funny angle into it too wherever possible. It's going to be a fun ride.

Here's the latest I put together. If you want tto follow the rest of them, go to my YouTube area at http://www.youtube.com/SiouxDude.


Currently listening :
Cars - Complete Greatest Hits
By The Cars
Release date: 2002-02-19

No comments: