Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

I've been allowing my fears and insecurities get the best of me over the last couple of weeks. With producing two shows, a baby on the way, house work needing to be done, and work, I'm feeling just as ragged as I did when I was in 4 shows in a month. I took a nap yesterday and was awaken by someone about maybe 50 minutes after I truly fell asleep. I was pretty cranky and felt physically ill.

While the wifey took my dog outside, I laid in my bed committed to being in a bad mood. I had all of these thoughts racing through my mind about my life and where it was going which in turn made me even more agitated. I began surfing the web to prep myself to work on the Recap website when I decided to visit mog.com, a community-based music blogging website. There was a post entitled "Top 10 Funniest Low Budget Rap/R&B Videos" so I watched each of them. I started chucklin' at some of them and then just out right laughing at them.

The funniest one wasn't actually No.1 (that one is more disturbing than anything else) but rather No.2 It's So Cold In The D. The entire production is so awful that it was incredibly difficult to watch but cot damn! was it funny. I was outright just laughing out loud. I then proceeded to watch the responses postes people posted up and started bawling due to all the laughing coming out of me. I must've laughed for a good half hour straight! When the wifey came home, she heard so much noise coming out of my bedroom she thought I was just crying or in a lot of pain (both of which were right because my sides hurt so much from laughing).

After I got control of myself, I felt soooooooo much better. Life didn't seem as impossible as I was making it out to be. I proceeded get stuff set up for Alexander around the house and ate some good food thanks to wifey!

Life is good!

Currently listening :
Nobody Knows
By Reh Dogg
Release date: 2007-03-27

No comments: