Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Blessed Be The Month of May

14 shows in one month. That's what I'm looking at. Between Salsation, Recapitulation, Genre, and BrownCo, the month of May is jam-packed full of theatre, laughs, and traveling. It's totally freakin' awesome!

There are a couple of drawbacks like being unable to spend more time with family and friends, the millions of lines I have memorize, and the fact I don't get a real vacation until June, but I'm super grateful for all of these opportunities to flex my acting and producing muscles.

A theatre friend of mine asked me why life makes such expectations of ourselves to draw us away from chillin' out. I told her "Because we choose to do this." It seemed so simple but yet rich of answers. Life is a resultant of all the little choices we make on a moment-to-moment basis. We can choose to be happy with all of our choices either good or bad or convince ourselves we can avoid the responsibility by blaming other things. Choose to be happy each time you decide to do something. That way the entire process is enjoyable.

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16074757&blogID=377291470&Mytoken=D6B7CB3D-C615-4B3C-A55467B6C8462A5B27366631

No comments: