Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry House Keeping!

Today, on the accepted birfday of little baby Jesus, I decided to clean up the house to prepare myself for theoretical visits by some friends looking for something to do on Christmas Day. Some of them wanted to just have a few more people to hang with, some wanted to keep their Christmas Eve festivities going, and some wanted to escape additional family obligations that would compromise their capacity for emotional pain . Of course, no one thus far has show up and I'm okay with it. I've felt like I've been in dire need of a home make over from HGTV.

Some of the more interesting things I've found:

  1. A picture of me and my second Chicago band Double Helix.

  2. Various DVD's/CDs I've been looking for or just completely forgot about. I am in the midst of organizing those things.

  3. Old bills, statements, and court orders of the past (I completely forgot that I had to stay at least 500 feet away from that one girl...)

  4. Data discs containing interview clips of me back in the days of Siouxacydal Pidgeons In a Can. I couldn't watch them because they were so painfully bad and my long, curly hair brought me to tears.

  5. My ability to shred stuff is insatiable thanks to a 12 sheet capable shredder we have. I love to hear it chew stuff up in there like old credit cards, magazines, and the occasional small child.

  6. I've got a lot of crap in my house. I want to get the courage and wherewithal to sell it but I nkow myself better than that. I'm not really good at it. I did post up something on Craigslist for some studio equipment lying around but I have tons of books I don't read, old cards that I read once and forgot about, and toys that I don't play with. *sigh* It'll all end up in a big dumpster unless the wifey intervenes with her plan to donate it all to the Salvation Army.

  7. I'm going to repeat this all over again in a few weeks, aren't I?
I am sure this is the best way to spend the holidays with loved ones, right?
Currently reading :
Live From New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night Live, as Told By Its Stars, Writers and Guests
By James A. Miller
Release date: 01 October, 2003

No comments: