Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Taxing My Nerves

I decided to do a "quick" trip over to the Cook County Treasure's Office this morning since for some reason the City of Chicago decided to send my property tax bill to the developer's bank instead of my home. So, in order to pay it in time on December 3rd, I need to submit the original copy to my bank. No problem, right?

It took me 1.5 hours to find parking. I finally broke down and parked in a garage nearby. I then requested my bill. No problem there. I then walked on over to Chase Bank's main branch across tehe street to see if I could just hand the bill to them, and use my escrow to pay it off. Lo and behold! You have send the bill to a department of Texas. They noticed that the name and address on the bill wasn't in my name nor address, thus, they suggested I go back and get the bill rectified. So, I walked back over, filled out more forms, and got back into the first line of the day to get a new bill. As I filled the forms out, this lady notices I didn't get my homeowners exception, thus, I'd most likely be overpaying this year. So, I had to go upstairs and wait around to get that rectified and get a new bill as well. While I was waiting in one of the mainy queues, I met a really nice lady who got me all hooked up with a tax complaint, thus,hoping they will reduce my tax bill and reimburse me for the year! Cross your fingers!

So, this is year 2 that I've had to go through a lot of trouble just to pay my tax bill. I hope it gets easier before I'm homeless.

Currently listening :
F**k the Bull-S**t: The Taxman Movie
Release date: 20 January, 2004

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16074757&blogID=328417618&Mytoken=5466A367-4928-442C-8754A3A6F778202710565802

No comments: