Pages

Monday, November 19, 2007

I MIssed e-Bay

I currently have bids on 4 items on e-Bay right now. The bids are on drum cymbals, a CD, and a Firewire-based mixer. 3 out of 4 bids thus far are on the winning side, but I do have a feeling that I'll probably win only 1 of the 4 items.

I typically don't internet-shop. Waiting at home for deliveries is always a pain and a majority of what I would buy I need to use the senses of touch, sight, and hearing in order to truly feel that the purchase was a good one. There are people out there that can buy all sorts of things like clothes, music equipment, drugs, jewelry, and wives based merely on what it looks like on the web. I'm not judicious enough at returning things to a store let alone online where I have to go to the deplorably-serviced Chicago post office, and wait in line for an hour just to mail back something I didn't originally like.

With e-Bay, it's a little different. The fact I am competing for the item is a turn-on. It's all in the pursuit, right? Once I win, I feel like I've accomplished something in my life. So, waiting around for it to come in just solidifies and intensifies that conquering emotion.

Gosh...I'm easily pleased.

Currently listening :
001
By Dovetail Joint
Release date: 26 January, 1999

No comments: