Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 6 in San Diego: I’m On My Own

Alone I am once again in the town of Diego the Saint. I woke up and worked on my lines for the upcoming show in the morning. I had to coax myself to get the strength to go into the water again. Luckily, the world provided an impetus by allowing the sun to shine on through the patches of clouds.

I hit the beach a few hours later and rented from Ray's Rentals again. I suited up and got into the water to get used to the sensation of coldness trying to creep its way into my wetsuit. The waves were crashing more frequently than the previous days so I figured I would have plenty of opportunities to get up on the board.

I spent about 3.5 hours on the beach trying to get up. I got up a handful of time, a definite improvement over the last few days. The waves were weird as they came frequently but didn't seem to have any real power to push me anywhere. I sat out a couple of times hoping the situation would become a bit more palatable to my goal. It didn't really come but at least I got a lot of sun and darkness out of it .

I then returned to the hotel after my day at the beach. I ordered some Papa John's, ate, and went to bed.

I'm going to look into wave pools in Wisconsin and Illinois. I want to keep my skillz up!

Currently listening :
Night Ripper
By Girl Talk
Release date: 09 May, 2006

No comments: