Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Chauffeurs Are Outta Business?

I remember growing up in Texas that I would want to get to a point in my life where I was riding around in a limousine with an English driver and lots of big breasted ladies in my entourage. All the kids in my neighborhood shared that passion with me; so much so that one kid in 6th grade for his birthday has his parents pick him up from school in a limo along with the rest of the kids for his party (alas, I didn't go since I wasn't invited and I was going to another school at the time. I remember telling my Mom to take me to the party anyway so I could crash it and she refused to let me go out of principle. It broke my heart ). It was a huge deal back in the day.

Now I'm a bit older and I avoid getting into those things (still have never been in one...no one invited me ) and scoff at them when I see things like a stretched, gas guzzling Hummer limo barreling down the highway with a bunch of drunk bridesmaids standing with their heads out the sun/moonroof screaming at the top of their lungs. I figure that unless you could do that every day, what's the point of one night in a limo? Anyone with a job could rent one for $30-$45/hr and act a fool.

Which leads me to my point. Out of all people on Earf (yes, Earf) who should have a driver drive them around, it should be celebrities pimping this lifestyle. However, all I read about are celebrities being involved in car crashes of different types and turning around and blaming it on the paparazzi. I look at this as a no-brainer. If you live in an area where people will hurl themselves in front/behind/beside your car to just take some video or pictures of you with an insatiable mob mentality, it's probably best to remove yourself from any kind of responsibility under state law where you can be held liable if someone gets hurt. You judiciously hire someone else to take the fall! It comes with the territory, sister!

So, anyone want to drive me around in my '86 Honda Civic?

Currently watching :
Diff’rent Strokes - The Complete First Season
Release date: 14 September, 2004

No comments: