Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Too Many Cooks...

I'm in situations where I've got groups of talented people where everybody (included myself) is strong-minded, independent, and incredibly vocal. It's a bloody free-for-all trying to make decisions and move forward. I turn into mega-bitch when I perceive that we're wasting time by talking about the same stuff over and over again in 8 different ways. I've resorted to shutting up and allowing them to continue talk (with a pouty face no doubt).

I can't hide my feelings anymore like I used to (and even then, I couldn't really even do it then). I wish I can keep a smile on my face when I'm unhappy with things. I ostracize myself from the groups by staying away from the situations that make me unhappy. However, I am then unhappy with the outcome because it has none of my input in it . It's an interesting paradox I get myself into. I take responsibility for my role in all of the dramas.

With that said, the phrase uttered (or more like barked by) Second City legend Michael Gellman holds true:

"Too many cooks spoil the soup, *explicative*!"


I've now witnessed funny-by-committee, direction-by-committee, production-by-committee. All that's the left is sexual-gratification-by-committee .

Alright. I'm gonna go home and meditate on this.
Currently listening :
What’s Going on
By Marvin Gaye
Release date: 14 January, 2003

Note:This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=16074757&blogID=299582167&Mytoken=2DDCFA85-E9DB-47FF-A29E9E6869B5DC894092089

No comments: