Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Shopping Cart Massacre

A sign of a person getting old is when they go to the grocery store, and they get a chance to push a cart back to their car, if the urge to start pushing the cart faster and faster then jumping on and ridin htat baby down the parking lot isn't there anymore, THEY ARE OLD!

I decided to stay young one night at Jewel. I had just finished putting my groceries in my car and started pushing the cart back. The ride on the cart to the car was uneventful, but freeing and a lot of fun. With an empty cart, I set up the merchanics, tested the air quality, and set my eye on the cart receptacles so I could glide my way to a perfect delivery. After pushing off, I jumped on the back of my wired stallion...which then decided to buck me off! The cart's back end sunk into the ground while the front lifted and flipped over. As time slowed down, I got that smell of bleach that entered my nostrils and perculated in there telling me that I was going to fall. As my face met the road, I landed on my right wristed and twisted...as the cart fell on my head.

Embarrasingly, I started thinking, "God! Did anybody see that?! Please tell me you blinded everyone for the last 10 seconds!" I rolled over on my back in severe pain and started laughing because I pictured what it probably looked like. Luckily for me, the image was more powerful than the pain. I slowly got up, pretended nothing happened, and finished my crippled ride back to the receptacle.

Hell yeah! I ain't old!

Note:Originally posted to MySpace on January 11th, 2006:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=16074757&blogMonth=1&blogDay=11&blogYear=2006

No comments: