Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bad To Good In The Ring of Just One Phone Call

I was having a trying day yesterday. Had a person that decided that we, due to their absence on previous meetings, had the duty and will to fill them in on everything we've spoken on in the last few weeks, which really ticked me off. I asked myself, "Man, didn't you set your Meeting Tivo? This is all old news!" I also had the Silent Lurker on the call. They're the type of person that joins a call unnanounced and listens in to capture intelligence to promote some secret, global agenda. Well, Lurker messed up and became audible due to a misunderstanding of what we were trying to accomplish. Damage controls were put into place to calm everyone down and restate the goal of our meetings.

I admit that my anger was completely my issue and I chose to hold onto that anger instead of seeing it for what it was. I was afraid that I wasn't going to do a "good" job of getting through the meeting, and that others were trying to steal my thunder/circumvent me on a task I had to take care of. So, I see it for what it was now and learned from it. But yet, I was in a bad mood.

Well, that changed after I received a callback from one of my recent auditions. I got offered two parts in an up and coming play! Wowzers! I felt my ego and spirits rise up quickly. I was like, "Hey, things are pretty good!"

Things were always good but I made them seem worse than they really were. Goes to show how things in this cosm we call life are completely up to us to create. I created both a bad day and a good day for myself. I think I'll stick to manifesting the good days cuz it feels good; feels even better when I get offered roles in something I love to do

No comments: