Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Intention - Learning It Through Example

I'm seeing and extending my understanding of the word "intention". My vocal teacher would ask on a regular basis before starting on any task, "What is your intention?" It was a sobering experience because I consistently got the answer wrong on the why part of what I was doing. I became so frustrated with myself because I didn't get it. Well, over time, I am totally starting to.

A friend of mine is asking me for advice on how to detoxify your body. I shared my experience with the master cleanse and asked that a lot of thought be put into the entire process. The why in this case is under question. The master cleanse is meant to purify yourself both spiritually, emotionally, and physically. However, due to the incredible amount of weight that could be lost as a direct result of this journey, people will abuse it for that purpose. Now, the end result can be the same but the journey is completely different. Think about it this way. If your intent is to detoxify your body, your body, mind, and soul will align themselves to reach that goal. Anything that happens along that journey ca be taken in stride since your being is working in complete unison for a common reason. However, if you're going into it to lose weight, then there will be conflict holistically speaking. You can end up doing more harm to yourself than good. Most people who do it for the sake of weight don't complete the program for this exact reason.

While exploring the why, I finally got it. Being honest with yourself is one of the hardest things to do and stating the intention really helps with that. You'll make good decisions for yourself as you hear the reasons why you do things, for example, why do you choose to smoke or spend that additional $5 for Starbucks? It's something we all need to keep in mind as we go through our lives.

Currently listening :
Greatest
By Duran Duran
Release date: 03 November, 1998

No comments: