Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Closest Thing to Being Hung-over

Yesterday was a whirlwind of activity. I had musical improv class from 1-4 PM which went really well. I'm having a good time singing with my buds and applying as many of the techniques from both acting side and the singing side as possible.

Then immediately after that, I went to a rehearsal for The PeepHole that started at 4:30 PM somewhere around Addision and Lincoln.. I had barely enough time to order food , eat it, and drive over there. We rehearsed the entire show there. I got the chance to talk about stand-up comedy with another comedian, learn the beginning of Respect by Erasure on guitar, and really connect with my character while doing my scene! Yeah! Once that was done, it was 6:30 PM.

I then had call time for the show at 8:00 PM. Since I already had a large lunch/dinner, eating more solids was out. So, I rolled over the Webster Place and hit up the Cold Stone Creamery for a little bit of an Oreo shake and then hit the Barnes & Nobles to check out the latest on recording magazines. After a short time, I got back into the car and got to Second City by 7:30 PM.

I sat in our holding area in the traning center for a while figuring out Respect in it's entirety while castmembers started showing up and prepping for the show. 8:00 rolled around and I finally suited up into my show clothes. The guitar was tuned up and the change of clothes in the show were prepped as well. I ran lines with my partner a few times and practiced our musical number as well. We hit the stage at 9 PM.

The show went REALLY quickly. We had a sold out house so that was fantastic! We had all kinds of crowd reactions from bewilderment to shock to awe to anger to laughter to admonishment. It's definitely a thinking person's show so I am confident that there is stuff that went on in the play where people wake up 2 days later at 2:34 AM going, "NOW I GET IT!". I received a lot of nice compliments from both the cast and various audience members on my performances which totally catered to my ego Granted, I felt the honesty in their feedback because I felt the things they said while I was up on stage.

We decided to have an opening night celebration at the director's house which went over well. I got to know many of my castmates in a much more personal way, thus, making the experience with them on stage more memorable. As the hours went, themore and more tired I became, thus, the more my inhibitions started slipping. I was talking mad, crazy stuff and being completely candid with a lot of people while avoiding putting my foot in my mouth . Everybody was cool! I ha da good time. 1 AM rolled around so I left and I drove home before the magic sand put me to sleep for good and I wreck my car.

I woke up early this morning (yes, 9 AM is early!) to claim my timesheet at work. LOL. I hope I got it in before they ran the reports . I've got class in 2.5 hours. My muscles are tight and my head is a sore. It was a good night.

Currently listening :
POP! - 20 Hits
By Erasure
Release date: By 24 November, 1992

No comments: