Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Time To Reflect

I got to hang out with both of my ensembles this week at Corcoran's Grill and Pub across the street from Second City (If you ever get a chance to check it out, I highly recommend their burgers. Talk about finger lickin' good! I walked out of that place with nubs!). So, I got to kick it with my fellow actors where we espoused our philosophies on just what the hell we all think we're doing. I figured out that the path I am taking with it is a very balanced approach. I am doing this all to be a better performer/entertainer while acheiving something greater than myself. I promised myself I wouldn't be looking for the usual pitfalls everyone seems to go into at some point in their life when doing something creative like "making it", being "successful", getting "paid", or being "famous". I told myself I was going to do all of the acting/comedy stuff while it was fun and exciting for me. At the same time, I want to be skilled at the craft I am performing, hence, all the training, plays, improv, stand-up, music, and occasional dance routine I am into now. When I was playing music, I was in it for all the reasons that burned me out on it. Now that I've seen a new path for creativity, the love for all of it is coming back.

Currently listening :
The Eminem Show
By Eminem
Release date: By 26 May, 2002

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=16074757&blogMonth=7&blogDay=30&blogYear=2006

No comments: