Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Lost And Found Me Lucky Charms

n a previous post, I was so proud of the fact I put up a bunch of shelves in the office/studio. I neglected to mention that I didn't know what their maximum holding weight was. Apparently, we exceeded it by putting 400 CDs plus 150 videos on the them cuz it all came crashing down last week.

So, I spent Saturday, Sunday, and Monday buying IKEA brackets for the shelves. Gawd, I love that place! It's the only place I can stand 5 hours in line for something that took me 5 minutes to find! It's a bloody madhouse on the weekends. I found some wooden brackets, got them home, spray-painted them black with two uneven coats of paint, then mounted them up into the wall. I think it'll hold everything up now after redoing the hidden brackets and drilling holes for every possible nut possible. If the things fall off the wall again, I give up because apparently my only handyman skills are for cutting grass and putting shingles on roofs.
Currently listening :
Every Man for Himself
By Hoobastank
Release date: By 16 May, 2006

No comments: