Pages

Monday, May 22, 2006

Hammers, Drills, and Leprechauns

This weekend I decided to get proactive by installing shelving in the office/studio, bathroom, and living room. The boxes for some of these shelves were sitting around only for 3 months, so, I was right on schedule for getting them up. My wife helped out by finishing up the drywall paint job that was equally on schedule to be finished as well. So, we got our Tim Taylor on and fixed up the house so we could actually have some storage in the home.

Without any overt gay references, I figured out how manly it feels to put holes into the wall, filling them with drywall hangers, and installing something to hang from the wall. I felt so accomplished after doing it. And everything I posted up is somewhat lined up correctly! Too bad the contractor can't make a ceiling that's perfectly level to save his life though :(

I feel pretty lucky to be able to do this kind of improvement even if it takes me months to get motivated to do it. The next expeditious home improvement project is going to be redo the shelving in the closets! Please excuse my clothes being very wrinkly for the next few months.

Currently listening :
Brood
By Clatter
Release date: By 17 December, 1996

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=16074757&blogMonth=5&blogDay=21&blogYear=2006

No comments: