Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Is Blogging Your Life Too Informal?

I was wondering this today as I've been blogging the progress on the cleanse. I've noticed that as people ask me, "Hey, what's new?" then I end up telling them to go check out the blog or just give them the blog recap. Is this too informal?

I've seen some positives from a few friends. They hardly ever call as it is, but, are virtualy online 24-7. When we do actually talk, the ask me about the "goings ons" with the blog which provides a lot of place for elaboration. I feel connected to them even though we don't talk all that much.

The negatives are that people don't like having to read about my life but would rather hear it come from me. With my schedule and the schedules of others, we hardly have time to communicate. A lot of my friends don't even want to get into detail about what I would like to let them know about. So, how am I supposed to convey the news when we aren't around enough to talk or they don't really want to hear about it?

Luckily, I've already made up my mind on this. The blog is serving it's purpose. For those of you reading this, feel free to call me! I would love to chit-chat!

Peace,
Nelson

Currently listening :
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
By Red Hot Chili Peppers
Release date: By 24 September, 1991

No comments: