Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Embarrasing Moments in History

Moment #1
I was working for a "I Can't Believe It's Yogurt" shop in San Antonio and had just become self-sufficient enough to attend to customers. I was 16 and full of vigor and ignorance, but, was having a blast getting a paycheck every week to blow on everything I probably shouldn't. A customer walks in and orders a waffle cone with Chocolate and vanilla swirled. I craftily put together the delicious treat, wrap a napkin around the base, and hand it to the customer with a spoon left inside. They then ask me to remove the spoon. I pull the spoon out of their ice cream and proceed to lick it clean. Their face turns to complete disgust and they hastily pay for their ice cream and leave. I didn't see what the problems was. What, THEY were supposed to be licking that spoon clean?

Moment #2
I went to my first Ice-T concert shortly after I arrived to Chicago. I was a longtime fan and had brought all of my Ice-T cds with me in the hopes to get his autograph. I got right up front of the pit and maintained my proximity to the Iceberg and was mouthing all the words. The classic "Original Gangster" track came on and I went nuts. He then tells me to come up on stage! Holy shit! Ice-T asked me to come up on stage. I was beside myself not knowing what to do. I am moving and grooving and dancing and having a ball. I then decide to act out the song by acting I got shot. In the middle of the air, I accidentally kick Ice-T in the back of the head. I've never seen security move so quickly to jack me up! I was locked into a full Nelson (yes, the irony), slammed into shit back stage and released back into the crowd. After that, Ice-T would barely approach anyone in the crowd. I was embarrassed but it still makes me laugh.

Currently listening :
O.G. Original Gangster
By Ice-T
Release date: By 14 May, 1991

Note: This was originally posted on MySpace with comments at:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=16074757&blogMonth=4&blogDay=21&blogYear=2006

No comments: