Pages

Monday, April 24, 2006

Down With My Tracker

I bought my Geo Tracker new in 1997 with the idea that it would last me forever. I knew it was a complete chick magnet back in the day with it's meager 4 cyclinder engine, boxy construction, complete with it's rattles, shakes, and inability to handle uneven surfaces. It was a convertable that only lived a whopping two days in that form due to the logistics of storing and maintaining a hard top in a small apartment. It never left me stranded, however, and although what repairs were done on it were costly due to expensive parts, it was overall easy to maintain. I thank the Tracker for it's wonderful service in my life!

My transmission started slipping and acting a fool last week; the sure tell-tale signs that something was going on with my beloved transportation. So, I am keeping it on medical leave while I put the wheels in motion to find a replacement. I'm looking at getting a Nissan Murano as a replacement. I was hoping to get one at the end of the year, but, alas, it may come sooner than later.

So, any one want a Tracker in a slightly-used-for-10-years condition?

Currently listening :
Code Red
By DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
Release date: By 12 October, 1993

No comments: