Pages

Friday, March 24, 2006

What is My Intention?

I did standup at Thyme Cafe last night. Another tough crowd of comics I had to entertain. So, I did a fart joke to start off with then began a little bit of improv by looking for tough guys in the crowd. One comic spoke up so I made a joke about him taking up an Al-Queda warddrobe( which hit). Then I did my whole "war on terrorism" bit which was like talking to a brickwall. Three minutes later, I finished up, and sat down. 2 minutes after that, I left.


With a lot of stuff going on, I am finding standup hard to do again :( My heart just isn't into it. Perhaps it's the weekly Salsation shows and the lack of new material. I still want to do standup and I will find my reason to continue doing it, but, I guess I am a little lost in why I am doing standup. I know I am funny and come up with funny stuff. The only way to get better is to continue doing it. However, it's difficult to gauge what hits and what doesn't when I do it in front of the same 20 comics every damn night.

When I walked out yesterday, I was feeling ok. No "high" from performing but no "low" from the lack of laughs. I was just content and went merrily on my way.

Time to gear up for tonight, which I am totally excited for :)

Currently listening :
Pray For The Soul of Betty
By Pray for the Soul of Betty Featuring Constantine Maroulis
Release date: By 10 May, 2005

No comments: