Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Improving My Improv

Hey Everyone:

First of all, a big THANK YOU to all of you who came out to see The Fanta Menace (TFM)! It was a wonderful experience and I speak on behalf of the rest of the cast that we were blessed with such a great audience!

I did my audition today for an improv show. I got put in a room with 20 other improvisers. The audition went okay except I went a bit blue (Gone Blue! Holla!) too early, thus, probably made it harder to get out of a hole I dug myself. The two other scenes I was in I was pretty good and I liked what I did. So, it was a learning experience at a minimum to be able to improvise with such great people and know where I cross the line.

So, I did TFM then we did our set of improv afterwards. I really liked all of my scenes and the scenes I wasn't in. It was so gorgeous seeing everyone take care of each other! So, I left that entire experience on a high!

Then at midnight, I went over and did the Improv Jelly at Second City. That was pretty cool except I didn't get as much stage time I wanted to . I may/may not go again next week depending on what other activities are going on.

I am planning on auditioning for the Second City Conservatory program in April, thus, I want to get the rust and grime off my improv capability as much as possible. Salsation is really helping with that, but I want to do it more during the weeks leading to my audition. So, I will start posting up anything that outsiders can attend themselves on the calendar listing.

I go to Texas soon. I might get to do some comedy while I'm there. I've got a bit I am sitting on where I compare women in relationships to childhood toys. Stay Tuned!

Peace,
Nelson

No comments: