Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I Fought The Ice and uhh...I lost...

To misquote the great Courageous Rue song "F.D.P."

I was walking not a trotting and a what did I see?
A patch of slippery ice sitting righting in front of me
But that was alright, uh hmmmm that was ok
As I fell on my ass like I was smokin' all day...


I went out with a friend of mine to a restaurant downtown and we were walking back to my car. There has been a recent snowfall that had thawed and refrozen a few times and of course, not enough salt was on the sidewalks. So, being my jovial self, I was talking a lot of shit about how "white people need salt the sidewalks" and making dumb jokes about every other races using that to their advantage. Right as I mentioned, "If I slip and fall, I'ma sue the city", I slip and fall on my ass. As Alanis says, "Isn't it ironic...don't ya think?!" I did the most chivalrous thing I could by trying to take my friend down with me but she pulled away in time. Damn her! LOL

No comments: